The following St. Louis businesses, many of which are immigrant or female owned already pledged to donate up to 5% of total sales for the month of November to RAICES and MICA Project. Would you like to join the effort, and be added to this list? If so please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Put pressure on your elected officials!
Call them and tell them what your stance is on the inhumane conditions at the border. Make sure to list your full address if leaving a voice mail.
- Josh Howley Senator 202.224.6154
- Roy Blunt Senator 202.224.5721
- Blaine Luetkemeyer house representative 202.225.2956
Engage your friends in this conversation. Learn about the issues on the border and get your family and friends fired up about this. We know this is not a fun discussion, but a necessary one.
Easiest way to help is to donate to or volunteer for the organizations currently on the ground working to get the refugees out. We chose to focus on RAICES and MICA Project, however there are many other organizations to choose from. Here are some of them:
Local organizations working to support immigrants and refugees:
- International Institute of St. Louis
- Immigrant and Refugee Women’s Program
- St. Francis Community Services
- Christian Friends of New Americans
- Casa de Salud
Here is a link to a list of national nonprofits working to support immigrants and refuges.
You can also:
- Support prominent organizations such as A.C.L.U. and Amnesty International that work tirelessly to fight for and protect human rights here and around the world.
- Organize a BeHuman fundraising effort in your industry/town/community! We’ll be glad to share the concept.
- Organize a protest
- VOTE for immigrant friendly candidates and policies
Most importantly – never ignore human rights abuse and BE HUMAN!